My name is Andrei Cristea and I am currently working as Lead Character Artist at CCP Games in Iceland. I have 19 years of experience in computer graphics, working in a variety of fields related to it. I have previously worked as a freelancer for 10 years on multiple projects including video games, cinematics, commercials, advertising, publishing, TV animations, architectural visualization, product design and concepting.
My journey started in the 80s when I was learning Basic on Z80 clones, later on went to study computer science. I was active in the Demoscene in the 90s before joining the industry as a professional. I have a strong background as a Character Artist, a foundation in Python, MEL and MAXScript and worked with game engines like Trinity, Unreal Engine and Unity.
Publications: Exposé II, Exposé VII, Exposé X, 3D Creative Magazine, 3D Artist Magazine, Digital Art Masters, Render Out, ZBrush Character Sculpting, ZBrush Essentials, EVE: Source, EVE Universe, Vertex 3
Featured on: CGSociety, 3D Total, CG Channel, Polycount, ZBrush Central, Kotaku, CG Hub, ArtStation
Tools: Zbrush, 3dsMax, Maya, Modo, Mudbox, Vray, Mental Ray, Keyshot, Marmoset, Xnormal, 3D Coat, Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator, Marvelous Designer, Unity 3D, UDK
- Understanding of Anatomy, Design Fundamentals, Color Theory and Composition
- Organic, Hard Surface, High-Poly and Low-Poly Modeling
- UV Mapping, Skinning, Rigging, Texturing, Displacement and Normal Map creation
- Character Creation Systems , PBR Rendering, Shading Networks and Workflows
- Prototyping, Scripting, Help Establish Pipelines and Tools
- Outsourcing, Visual targets, Tutoring, Documentation
- Scan Data Processing, Retopology, 3D Printing, LOD creation and Optimizations
- Character Concept Art, Cover Illustrations and Key Art
- Offline Rendering, LWF, Scene assembly, Lighting, Color Grading